Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits from walking barefoot outside that transfer the Earth’s electrons from the ground into the body.
It is a therapeutic technique that focuses on realigning your electrical energy by reconnecting to the earth.
This practice relies on earthing science and grounding physics to explain how electrical charges from the earth can have positive effects on your body.
As we are quarantine these days, the way we can achieve grounding indoors is by using grounding equipment. This simply means sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems.
From my personal opinion, I have seen remarkable improvement in my body’s response to grounding. My holistic doctor first recommended it because I work extensively on my computer.
I started using after feeling very unnerved but hyper after a day’s work connected to all my devices. I couldn’t really explain what I felt, except that it was uncomfortable and affected my sleep.
I immediately noticed a change in my nighttime rest. Much deeper and I wake up with a feeling of being well-rested.
I also noticed that I have less inflammation in my body, and combined with a daily dose of turmeric and seamoss, I feel so much better.
Lastly, I am calmer in my day-to-day dealings.
So what are the Benefits of Grounding (from Healthline)
- Chronic fatigue. In the study on massage therapists, many reported a decrease in their fatigue levels after four weeks of treatment with grounding mats.
- Chronic pain. The study on grounding for exercise recovery found that those who used grounding patches reported lower pain levels.
- Anxiety and depression. In one small study, it was shown that even 1 hour of grounding therapy can significantly improve mood.
- Sleep disorders. The massage therapists also experienced an improvement in sleep length and reduce sleep disturbances with grounding therapy.
- Cardiovascular disease. Results of one treatment study found that long-term self-administered grounding therapy helped to reduce blood pressure levels in participants with hypertension.
The equipment for indoors that is effective in incorporating earthing therapy into your daily life includes:
- grounding mats
- grounding sheets or blankets
- grounding socks
- grounding bands and patches
As the holidays approach, it may be a good thing to give the gift of a grounding mat to a loved one.
It is the ultimate show of love and a way of saying I care about your health and wellness.
I personally recommend the mat, which I’ve been using now for almost two months.
Hit the photo below to get your mat by shopping from our link.